Report Overgrown Properties to Weed Commission

tall grass

It is the time of year where some properties in our neighborhood get overgrown with grass and weeds. If you are able, lend a helping hand to a neighbor who may not be able to mow his or her yard.

When code enforcement is necessary, contact the Polk County Weed Commission at 286-3005, or by email at Generally, grass or weeds that are a foot tall prompt enforcement action by the weed commission.

If you have questions about how MHNA can help, please send an email to


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *