Special Meeting: 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 10, at the Northwest Community Center, 5110 Franklin Ave., to discuss the Neighborhood Finance Corp’s lending programs.
NFC EXPANDS LENDING AREAS FOR HOME IMPROVEMENT LOANS
Homes in a portion of the Merle Hay neighborhood will now qualify for purchase, refinance and home improvement loans offered by the Neighborhood Finance Corporation. The focus will be on properties with eligible repairs and projects as determined by NFC. Qualifying repairs include, but are not limited to:
- Update of aged or unsafe heating, air conditioning, electrical and plumbing systems
- Roof repair or replacement
- Foundation repair
- Exterior siding repair or replacement and paint
- Window and door repair or replacement (if in poor condition repair or for energy efficiency)
- New garage, garage repair or replacement (maximum 2 car garage, 24′ X 24′)
- Energy efficiency (insulation, windows, mechanical upgrades)
- Access/architectural barrier removal and wheelchair or mobility assistive device
- Sidewalk and driveway repair or replacement
- Functional landscaping (grading and retaining walls for water and erosion control, significant tree removal or trimming)
To determine if your property is eligible for the loans available, please visit the NFC web site at www.neighborhoodfinance.org, click on Lending Area Maps and enter your address in the NFC Locator form. Your property must be located in one of the Lending Areas on the map to be eligible and the $10,000 forgivable funds have not been used on the property in the last 10 years. You may also contact NFC directly at 515-246-0010 for more information.